Monday, November 1, 2010

exploration days


So I've had a chance to explore around this weekend for the first time.  Saturday, went riding on scooters with a bunch of expats.  It was my first time ever riding a scooter and I have to say, it was an absolute blast!  We rode around the small villages, out through some fields, and along a bunch of dirt paths.  It was fascinating to see these small villages with cows walking around on the streets and kids running up to wave and say hi to you as you rode past them.  It was surprising relaxing at times when the terrain was flat.  At one point, I even got some air when I gunned it up this ramp onto the road.  Lots of fun!  Unfortunately, no pictures of this event since I needed both hands to drive the scooter.

Sunday, Tracy and I got to explore some parts of Bangalore for the first time.  We went to some parks, checked out their science and technology museum and got to see Bangalore Palace.  Saw lots of stray dogs roaming the city.  I think there are more dogs here than pigeons.

The science museum was great too.  Being with Tracy and her red hair made us stand out a lot.  In fact, we had people coming up us asking to take a picture of us.  It was very flattering.  I never thought we'd get celebrity status in a science museum before.

Bangalore Palace

The Karnataka Courthouse - all British buildings are painted this red color.

Some stray dogs in the park

Cubbon Park in the center of the city

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a great job with this blog Matt. The pictures are amazing and I see you even posted a short video! It sounds like you're having a good time. Now that you've ridden a scooter it's time to upgrade to a motorcycle!!

    ReplyDelete