Monday, December 6, 2010

McDonald's

So I think it was Tyler who told me he has taken pictures of McDonald's anywhere he goes in the world.  I know, I know, there are way better food options out there but I wanted to at least show some pictures of the menu.

Taken with the Blackberry so it's a little blurry
So the first thing you'll notice....no hamburgers.  You can get hamburgers in India, but they are usually only found at fancier restaurants that typically cater to foreigners.  Prices aren't too bad.  A value meal is only 125 Rs. which is just a little bit more than 2 US dollars.  This McDonald's is in a shopping mall that relatively close to our hotel.  (about a 5 min. drive and there isn't a lot of traffic).

There are veggie burgers, Paneer Salsa wrap (Paneer is cheese), fish, chicken nuggets, and of course, the Chicken Maharaja Mac which probably replaces the Big Mac.

It was very odd to see the McDonald's close at 2pm in the afternoon.  I couldn't believe it.  They closed the restaurant in the middle of the day for cleaning.  Everyone was just hanging around at the counter.  My picture was actually taken during one of many cleaning breaks they had during the day.  People were waiting to get in and buy food while they were cleaning.  Definitely something you would never find in America.  We went in to get a bite to eat, and after we finished (about 30 min. later) they closed again for cleaning!  They have a very different mentality here.  This wasn't just the case with McDonald's though.  We saw other restaurants that closed for long periods of time in the middle of the day for cleaning.

Another interesting thing.....apparently they deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment