Later tonight, we'll be back over there again for a big BBQ feast which should be a lot of fun. I've got a few pictures from commercial street. It was really busy, very hectic, and nice to walk around and try and bargain with people to get the best deal possible. Though I have to admit, it can get tiring after awhile. It's like shopping for a car all the time in the US. You know you can get something for much cheaper than they're quoting you for it, but you have to work at it to get it.
![]() |
| a couple views down commercial street and some side streets |
![]() |
| inside Mysore Saree shop on commercial street |
My next post will be later this week about cellphones. Americans pay what for their plans?......... $50-60 on the low-end. iphone users and those with data plans are probably racking up at least $100 a month or more. Indians pay less.........and I mean A LOT less.
Also next weekend, we'll be in Kerala riding boats in the jungle on back water canals. It's going to be a lot of fun and very relaxing!





Commercial street sounds very similar to the shopping experience in Mexican border towns. And you're right it is fun, but exhausting.
ReplyDeleteI want a saree they look so pretty...hmm wonder where I can get one stateside..time to do some Googleing lol. MIss you guys can't wait til you come home. :)
ReplyDelete